Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weeding


Spent two hours outside weeding the first set of rows of carrots, broccoli, and onions. It went pretty smoothly as the weeds are still just seedlings. I pretty much just wiped them away with my gloves, and it pulled the roots out, too. I also weeded the area where I planted different kinds of lettuce and spinach, affectionately known as the “salad bar.” I also weeded the first strawberry patch where we planted the first 40 strawberry plants. We put shiny 4th of July pinwheels in the strawberry patch that we purchased for 90 cents at a local store, and it has kept the birds out of the entire garden. They don’t like the sound they make or the flashy-ness of them, either. And because it’s pretty much always windy here, they are always moving. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment