Tuesday, June 12, 2012

News


I heard from a neighbor about two domestic dogs that are running around from farm to farm at night killing the livestock. They had three goats killed. The dogs didn’t eat them, just killed them for fun. They climbed the six foot chain link fence to get to them! The sheriff’s department is working on hunting them down and finding out who the owners are. Hopefully they can catch them soon. It makes me very glad that we put our chickens inside a locked barn overnight. We plan on putting all of our livestock in the barn overnight in the future, as well, so hopefully we won’t have a major problem. But I think we need to get a gun. Aaah. It makes me nervous being from the suburbs and everything, but I guess farm life may require us to change our viewpoints a little bit…

I also learned that our 5-foot fence around the chicken yard won’t keep the chickens in if they get spooked or something. But the neighbor told us about clipping the chicken’s wings so they can’t fly over the fence. Ya learn something new every day, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment